We’ve all heard of the term to describe people as energy vampires; people who can zap us and leave us feeling totally drained.
And sometimes that can happen in an instant; a word, a phrase even a look can sometimes do it to us.
However how often do you forget that you are in control of your thoughts? I know I do.
It’s a matter of staying awake and remembering that we are in control of what we think about. One of the quotes I often give to clients is from Ghandhi. He said, “I will not allow anyone to walk through my mind with their dirty feet.”
And truly dirty feet they are when they drag us down!
Here are a few ideas to help you get your energy back when you find yourself drained:
1) Listen to your favourite music
2) Dance …. like no one is watching because mostly likely they aren’t! LOL
3) Breathe deeply
4) Repeat the quote above like a mantra several times. Simply reminding yourself of the dirty feet.
6) Buy something… although this one can get you in a whirlwind of trouble as we try to soothe from the outside in. However retail therapy does sometimes help!
7) Do some Yoga or Tai chi. Remind yourself of your spirit.
8.) Talk it out! Now a days no one thinks its wierd to see someone talking to themselves while driving; the car is a great place to let it all out. You could say what you wanted to say to the individual but didn’t have the guts.
9) Go for a walk. Reconnecting with nature can truly help.
10) Spend time with a cat or dog. Animals only know about unconditional love and can be great teachers in the path to forgiveness.
That is pretty much where we have to get to; forgiving. For the other person does not have to live in your head and feel what you feel. So letting it go and moving forward is the best way to handle it.
How do you let go? You could keep saying “I forgive you” in your mind to them until you eventually believe it.